- MALL: 6" X 0.45" DIA
- LARGE: 7.5" X 0.65" DIA
- The Small Warmer is 6" long with a dia of 0.45", and uses the Hand Power-0 regular and smokeless moxa sticks. Large Warmer is 7.5" long with a dia of 0.65", and uses the Hand Power-7 and Hand Power-8 moxa sticks.
- Portable, push spring adjustable moxa heating device with rolling heating head. Easy to use, effective for warming and massaging small areas or points on the hands, feet and body. The burning moxa stick warms the chrome plated brass (stainless steel like) rolling head. Small moxa sticks sold separately.
- The lion warmer has 2 main parts - the outer "lion warmer" part and the inner "moxa holder" part. It is 6" long with a diameter of 0.45".
- insert the moxa stick into the holder part.
- light the stick and blow out the flame (the stick should smolder like charcoal, not burn with an open flame).
- insert the moxa holder part into the lion warmer part.
- practice depressing the moxa holder part as far as it will go (with your thumb) - when the spring is completely depressed and the moxa holder is pushed down as far as possible, the lit moxa stick should still be about 1/2 inch away from the end of the lion warmer.
- the lit moxa should never touch the end of the lion warmer.
- practice brushing the warm end of the lion warmer over your own skin to get used to the heat.
- practice adjusting the heat by depressing and releasing the moxa holder (spring mechanism) within the lion warmer.
- to use therapeutically, brush or roll the warm end of the lion warmer in the affected area of the body, paying careful attention to the heat. the warm end of the lion. warmer should always be in motion, it should not be held in place against the skin, as this may create a burn.
- regularly remove the lion warmer from the skin and test against your skin to ensure it does not become too hot for safe use.
- instruct patients to indicate if lion warmer becomes too hot.
- remove lion warmer immediately if it becomes too hot.
- never leave patient unattended during lion warmer use.
- do not use the lion warmer (or any moxa product) on the face or other sensitive areas, on infants or young children, or on patients unable to sense heat or pain (e.g. the elderly or those with nerve damage).
- you may need to remove the moxa holder from the lion warmer to knock ashes off of the burning moxa stick, and/or to advance the moxa stick up in the holder so that it continues to burn, use caution when doing so.
- to extinguish the moxa when finished, dip the tip in water or use a moxa extinguisher to ensure that the stick is completely extinguished.
- Moxibustion (moxa) should only be administered under the direction or supervision of a qualified practitioner. To ensure safety, do not use moxa products that are damaged or cracked.
- Instruct patients to communicate any uncomfortable sensation of heat immediately. Remove moxa immediately if patient indicates that heat sensation becomes uncomfortable. Improper use can result in skin redness or blisters.
- Never leave patients unattended during any moxa use.
- Moxa is contraindicated for use on the face or on other sensitive areas, on infants or young children, or on patients unable to sense heat or pain (e.g. the elderly, or those with nerve damage).
- It is strongly recommended that you use protective barriers with any moxa product that provides them in the box of moxa product.
- Needle Moxa – Protect skin around and under the needle from potential falling ash with the use of a protective barrier such as aluminum foil.
- Moxa Sticks (Rolls) – Remove the ash frequently by gently tapping the side of the stick against an ashtray or other suitable container.
- Stick-on Moxa – Always ignite stick-on moxa first and then apply to patient. If heat becomes uncomfortable, remove or move moxa to another location immediately. It is strongly recommended that you use the included protective barriers when using stick-on moxa. It is strongly recommended that you apply a layer of burn cream to the patient’s skin before applying stick-on moxa.
has a rating of 0.0 stars
based on 0 reviews.